Homemade muesli is a very nutritious and healthy food. It is consumed at breakfast with fruit sauces, soy milk or other similar drinks. It is made very easy and can be kept in an airtight casserole for longer. Since I learned of this muesli, I use it almost every morning to prepare breakfast.
Quantity: 1 kg (enough for 10-15 servings)
Preparation time: 15 min
Total preparation time: 120 min
Oats flakes 4 mugs
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Nuts 1 mug – in this amount the type of walnuts and other nuts / peanuts can vary
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 Fruit juice
1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Put the oats flakes, nuts, seeds in a large bowl, and mix them all well.
2. In a different bowl mix fruit juice, honey, oil and salt.
3. Mix the oats flakes, nuts and seeds with liquid from step above.
4. Now place the composition on an oven tray and make sure the mixture is evenly distributed throughout the tray and place it in an oven at a very low temperature. Stir with a spoon every15 in 20 min so they can dry evenly.
Make sure the temperature in the oven, is as low as it can be otherwise your mixture will burn very quickly.
5. Leave the granola in the oven for about 1-2 hours, depending on how brown your muesli is. The color should be golden and crispy. With 20 minutes before they are ready you can add apples or bananas sliced thin enough to dry.
6. After you remove it from the oven let it cool well. Then put it in a tightly closed casserole that you can use when needed.
Enjoy your meal!