Fish used to be the food of poor people but nowadays after numerous scientist researches it was proven that fish meat is a lot better then pig meat so even though it got more expensive it still remains one of the best meats you can have. Since fish meat is so good for our bodies I will offer you some fish meat recipes. This will be a nice break from the common chicken and vegetable soup. And have no worries as a fish soup recipe is just as easy to prepare as a vegetable soup recipe. Therefore you will be cooking a nutritious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. Today I will share with you this simple recipe for fish soup which when prepared in this way I safely give it to my one year daughter. Depending on taste preferences in your family you can chose to make it sour by adding lemon juice or not.
Quantity: 2 liters (3-4 servings of soup)
Preparation time: 15 min
Total preparation time: 40 min
Over here in my family we used 500 g of salmon fillet, but you can use any type of fish you like most
Potatoes 1 pieces
Carrots 1 pieces
White onion 2 pieces
1 bunch parsley 1 piece
1 teaspoon salt or according to taste
2 pieces bay leaf
1. First clean the fish scales and wash it well.
2. Clean and wash the vegetables.
3. Place the fish in a pot and pour water to cover it well. Let it boil and add a finely chopped onion and a large bay leaf. When it start to boil lower the heat, and leave it to cook slowly for 20 minutes.
4. After it is done, take the fish and the vegetables along with all the soup and pass them through a sieve, to avoid any small bone that may remain in the water. Then pour the soup back into the pot, you can throw away the onion, make sure you live the fish out in the sieve to cool down.
5. Cut the potatoes, carrots and half an onion diced. Add them to the soup, and when it begins to boil cover it with a lid and leave it for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are ready.
6. After you choose the fish bones, break the fish meat into small pieces and add it to the soup after the vegetables have boiled.
7. Chop finely the left half of onion with the parsley leaves.
8. Match salt of the soup after your taste, if you want you can add borsch or lemon juice to your soup to make it sour; then add the chopped parsley and onions and immediately extinguish the fire. Cover the pot with a lid and leave it so for 20-30 minutes to retain all the flavors. As you can see this recipe resembles a classic vegetable soup recipe, the only difference being that you will also be able to enjoy the fish flavor along with the nutrient vegetables. We hope that you will enjoy this dish in a nice family dinner.